When thinking about veganism, people often think that it is super restrictive and you are doomed to eating lettuce leaves forever. Luckily for you, I’m back at it again with my chef hat and vegan recipes and bringing you the 3 best vegan chocolate recipes that I am obsessed with.
Chocolate Banana Bread
This is such a perfect recipe for the winter time, when you’re cold and in need of comfort. It’s also super simple to make and takes barely any time to prepare. You will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of Scottish oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (plus extra on the top if you fancy it)
- Put all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a food mixer and mix them until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into a loaf pan and bake for around 30 minutes.
- Then leave to cool slightly and tuck in to the best vegan chocolate banana bread ever.
Nut Butter Cups
This recipe is ridiculously simple and amazingly delicious. All you will need is:
- ½ cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew – whatever you like)
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips to form a smooth paste.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips either in a bain-marie (bowl over pan of boiling water) or in the microwave.
- Fill a cupcake liner with enough chocolate to coat the edges, and spoon some of the nut mixture in the middle, and cover the top with more of the melted chocolate.
- Place in the fridge and leave for 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy.
The Best Vegan Brownies
These brownies are soft and beautiful, and are perfectly vegan! You will need:
- 1 ½ cups demerara sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a mixer.
- Add the water, oil and vanilla extract and mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 tin and bake for 25/30 minutes – the longer you cook them the less gooey they will be.
These vegan chocolate recipes are a great treat or dessert option. For some amazing vegan supplements that can aid muscle gain, weight loss or general health and well-being, Vegan Supplement Store have great products that can help you.