When you are looking for on-the-go energy, protein balls and energy balls are now all the rage. With our recipe below you can make your own delicious snacks that you can take with you and enjoy just about anywhere.
The ingredients list below should provide enough to make 8-10 protein balls and better still, there is no cooking required.
Ingredients required to make delicious chocolate and peanut butter protein balls
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Vegan Complete Protein
- 50g/½ cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp agave sweetener or maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl, then mix together really well.
- You may need to add a little more non-dairy milk if your choice of peanut butter is a little dry - you should be able to easily squeeze the mixture into balls.
- Try to divide the mixture into equal amounts to make around 8-10 balls.
- Take each amount and slowly roll it around in your hands until you have created the size/shape you prefer.
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days preferably in the fridge, until ready to use
Depending upon your choice of ingredients, each batch should provide in excess of 50g of vegan protein and around 600-700 calories (PLEASE NOTE: These figures can vary dramatically if you choose higher calorie ingredients).
For more great recipes, click here.